By the wlr team
Treat yourself to a slice of carrot cake topped with cream cheese frosting, enjoy with a cup of your favourite tea.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 316
- 115g self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- 115g brown sugar
- 130g carrots
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 25g walnuts, halves
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and spices into a large bowl. Add the sugar and grated carrots then stir until well combined.
- Beat the eggs in a seperate bowl then add to the dry mix and add in the oil, mix well.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let sit in tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until really soft. Add the cream cheese and beat again until well mixed. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth, store in the fridge until the cake is completely cool.
- When the cake is cool ice the top of the cake, roughly chop the walnuts and sprinkle on top.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Snacks
You'll find many more recipes for sweet and savoury snacks in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own scrummy snacks, give it a try!