Speedy Bean & Mushroom Burger with Spiced Wedges
By the wlr team
These mouth-watering veggie bean burgers really pack a flavour punch - with paprika spiced potato wedges and guacamole… A complete, satisfying meal for only 385 calories.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 385
- 200g potatoes
- 20 sprays sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ small onion
- 80g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ spring onion
- 2g fresh parsely
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ can pinto beans, drained
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 burger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Clean and slice the potato into wedges. In a bowl spray with 10 sprays of oil, sprinkle in the paprika and mix to coat. Lay on a baking tray and cook in the top of the oven for 30 minutes, turning half way through.
- Finely dice the onion, mushrooms and garlic. Finely chop the spring onion and parsley.
- Spray a pan with 10 sprays of spray oil and saute the onion until soft. Add the spring onion, garlic, cumin and chopped mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes until mushrooms are well cooked.
- Meanwhile use a fork or masher to mash the beans until well mashed. Add in the mushroom mixture, parsley and mix until well combined. Season well.
- Shape the mixture into 2 patties around 1 inch thick and refrigerate.
- Put a non stick pan on a medium heat. Brush one side of each patty with a little vegetable oil and put in the pan oil side down. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then brush the top with a little oil and turn carefully. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Toast the bun and then build your burger using lettuce leaves, tomato slices, guacamole and a mushroom burger, serve with the spiced wedges, sprinkled with salt.
Looking for a full menu plan suitable for vegans or vegetarians? Take a look at our 7-Day Vegan Diet Plan - A week's worth of recipes to help you keep your calories in check.
|Fruit & Veg||2.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!