By the wlr team
This aubergine parmigiana might take a while to cook but its so worth the wait. Rich, indulgent and still comes in under 500 cals so it doesn't break the (calorie) bank.
Suitable for Vegetarians
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 446
- 2 aubergines
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 75g parmesan cheese
- ½ mozzarella ball
- 120g mixed leaf salad
- 2 tsp french dressing, low fat
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Turn the grill on to a medium-high heat.
- Cut off the stalks of the aubergine and then slice lengthways into flat strips and set aside. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a large pan heat the spray oil, add in the onion, garlic and oregano, cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes to the pan, stir and then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile grill the aubergine slices in batches until lightly charred. While the aubergine is cooking, season the tomato sauce and add the basil. When the aubergine is cooked, turn the oven on to 180C.
- In an ovenproof dish place a thin layer of tomato sauce topped with a layer of grated parmesan. Top this with a layer of aubergine. Repeat the layers until you've use all the ingredients up. Top the top layer of aubergine with mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan and black pepper, bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with dressed mixed leaves.
|Fruit & Veg||12.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Vegetarians
You'll find hundreds more recipes for yummy vegetarian dishes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite veggie meals, give it a try!