Turkey Meatballs with Tomato Spaghetti
This one will always be a crowd pleaser (especially with kids). If you have the spare calories you can add some garlic bread for a real treat!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 571
- 200g Lean Turkey Mince
- 1 Med Egg
- 1 Sm Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ Med Slice Wholemeal Bread
- 20 Pumps Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 20g Parmesan, Grated
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- 150g Spaghetti, Dry
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil for the spaghetti.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and blend to make breadcrumbs. Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Beat the egg and mix with the turkey mince, chilli powder, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Form into 12 small meatballs.
- In a large shallow pan on a medium heat use 20 sprays olive oil to brown the meatballs on the outside. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan sauté the onion and garlic with the oregano, paprika and tomato puree. Once the onions start to soften add the chopped tomatoes and the sugar. Add the meatballs back to the pan, cover, tur down slightly and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions.
- Serve the spaghetti with the meatballs and sauce, sprinkled with 1 tbsp parmesan per person.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!