Turkey Casserole Recipe
A protein rich casserole that’s full of flavour, this turkey and rice casserole is low in calories, low in fat and makes 6 portions, so invite your friends round and tuck in.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Calories: 225
- 1 small onion
- 227g carrots
- 128g celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 227g mushrooms
- 425ml water
- 175g dry white rice
- 5g spread
- 28g fresh parsley
- 400g turkey
- 2 thin sliced wholemeal bread
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 160°C / Gas Mark 3 / 325°F
- Peel and chop onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Chop mushrooms.
- Bring 425ml water to boil in a saucepan, add the rice, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Melt margarine over low heat in a large saucepan, add 1 tbsp of water and cook onion, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, mushrooms and parsley leaving a little for garnish, cook, stirring for 6/7 minutes, stir in turkey.
- Put cooked rice into a casserole and spoon over the turkey mix, cover with breadcrumbs mixed with parsley. Cook in oven for 40/50 minutes.
Double the recipe and freeze for up to 3 months, use these as homemade ready meals for lunch or dinners.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Turkey
You'll find hundreds more recipes for tasty turkey and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade dinners, give it a try!