Jerk Turkey, Rice & Peas Recipe
A turkey recipe that’s full of flavour and zest. This healthy recipe has 7 of your 5 a day and is high in fibre. Impress your partner with something a little different.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 860
- 2 turkey breasts
- 1 pack chicken Jamaican jerk seasoning mix
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium red pepper
- 180g red onions
- 50g dry brown rice
- 1 can black eyed beans
- 1 lime
- 96g little gem luttice
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Place the turkey in a shallow bowl with the jerk seasoning and 1tbsp of the oil and leave to marinate for at least 10 mins.
- In a roasting tin, mix the potatoes, pepper and onion with another tbsp of oil, add the turkey and bake for 25 mins or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in salted boiling water for 20-25 mins. Stir in the beans.
- Mix the lime zest, juice with the salt and black pepper.
- Slice the meat. Mix the vegetables into the rice with half of the lettuce. Divide the remaining lettuce between 2 plates and heap the rice mixture on top. Top with the turkey and spoon over the dressing.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||7.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Turkey
You'll find hundreds more recipes for tasty turkey and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own homemade dinners, give it a try!