Rice Pudding Recipe
A comforting sweet dessert definitely not to be missed!. Low in calorie and Low Fat it’s quick to prepare you can put the few ingredients together and stick in the oven- it’ll be well worth the wait.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 3 hrs
- Calories: 231
- 1000ml Milk, Semi Skimmed, Average
- 10 Tsps/10g Sweetener, Granulated, Low Calorie, Splenda
- 4oz/112g Rice, Pudding, Dry Weight, Average
- 1/10 Tsp/0.3g Nutmeg, Ground, Average
MethodWith only a handful of ingredients, you can quickly rustle up this traditional dessert. Use freshly grated nutmeg for a more intense taste to the skin.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F, Gas Mark 3). Butter a heatproof oven dish.
2. Wash the rice and drain well. Put into the dish.
3. Add the milk and sugar and stir together. Sprinkle over the nutmeg (use freshly grated for an even better taste).
4. Cook in the preheated oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours or so until cooked (there should be a slight wobble to the centre). Stir during cooking to thicken and prevent a thick skin forming.
Serve hot - or chill in fridge to serve cold.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!