Orange Sponge Cake Recipe
By the wlr team
This orange sponge cake has a lovely citrus kick with the addition of fresh oranges! This cake is super easy to make and less than 250 calories per serving! This recipe makes a cake big enough for 12 servings so great for family and friends!
- Recipe makes: 12 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 242
- 6 oz Flour, Self Raising, Bettabuy, Morrisons
- 6 oz Butter, Fresh, Average
- 6 oz Sugar, Caster, Silver Spoon
- 160g Oranges, Fresh, without Peel, Average
- 3 Small/144g Eggs, Whole, Raw, Weight with Shell
- 2 Tbsps/30g Lemon Curd, Asda
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5
Wash well the oranges Blitz in a processor, removing only the pips and any excessive white pith.
Line 2 sandwich tins 7".
Put all ingredients into food processor and blitz until well mixed, but don't overdo.
Pour into tins and bake in the oven for 35 mins till risen and golden.
Cool for 5 mins in tins then turn out.
Sandwich together with the lemon curd.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!