Mini Cupcakes with Lemon Drizzle Icing
by wlr's resident foodie, Joanne Putney
Perfect bite-sized treats, these mini cupcakes are light and delicious and just under 100 calories each. They're simple to make and are sure to please everyone's sweet tooth. Great for kids parties and family get togethers - you can decorate them to your heart's content!
- Recipe makes: 20 cupcakes
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 12 mins
- Calories: 96
- 110g margarine
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 110g self raising flour
- 55g icing sugar
- 1 lemon
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Blend together the marg and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and mix again until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 20 mini cupcake cases.
- Pop in the oven and cook for approximately 12 minutes or until a thin skewer poked into a cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, squeeze in the juice of ½ lemon and mix until smooth. Add a little extra lemon juice. if necessary, until just runny. Drizzle over the cupcakes.
You can also add a little edible glitter or a few icing decorations (calories not included!)
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!