Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Icing & Mini Eggs Recipe
The perfect snack for Easter! This lemon cupcake with mini eggs recipe makes 12 servings, perfect for the kids, family or friends!
- Recipe makes: 12 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 440
- 100g Spread, Soft, Tub, Stork
- 100g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 2 Eggs/116g Eggs, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 100g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
- 1 Tbsp/6g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
- 200g Butter, Fresh, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.25ml Lemon, Extract
- 480g Sugar, Icing, Average
- 10ml Milk, Semi Skimmed, Average
- 24 Eggs/74.4g Chocolate, Mini Eggs, Cadbury
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
For the cupcakes
100g soft margarine
100g caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Grated rind of one lemon
For the topping
200g butter, softened
1 tsp lemon extract
480g icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
Mini chocolate eggs
Place 12 cupcake cases in bun tins.
Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well until smooth (about 2-3 mins).
Half-fill each case with mixture.
Bake for 15-20 mins until risen and golden brown. Cool the cakes in their cases on a wire rack.
To make the icing: cream the butter and lemon extract together in a large bowl. Blend in the sugar, a quarter at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in the milk and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
Pipe onto the top of the cooled cakes and decorate with mini eggs.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!