Lemon Angel Cake Recipe
By the wlr team
This lemon angle cake recipe is easy to make and at less than 140 calories per serving you can treat yourself! Great cakes to make if you’ve got cooking ingredients lying around the house as you don’t need much to make this lovely cake!
- Recipe makes: 10 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 137
- 3 Sprays/0.6ml Oil, Sunflower, Spray, Fry Light
- 4 Eggs/232g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 125g Sugar, Caster, Golden, Tesco
- 1 Lemon/115g Lemon, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 2.5g Salt, Table, Average
- 75g Flour, Self Raising, Value, Tesco
- 80g Sugar, Icing, Average
Method1. Preheat oven, gas mark 5/190c/fan oven 170C & lightly coat a 9 inch ring mould, or any tin of your choice, with low fat cooking spray.
2. place egg yolks, half the sugar, the lemon zest and salt in a bowl, whisk until thick and pale.
3. in a separate bowl, whisk up the egg whites until they form peaks. gradually add the remaining sugar, whisking until thick and glossy.
4. carefully fold in the sifted flour into the egg white mix, followd by the egg yolk mix. spoon into tin and bake for 20 - 30 mins, cool for ten mins in the tin before carefully loosening the cake and inverting it onto a wire rack to cool.
5. To make icing, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cak so that it drips down the sides.
6. you can exchange the lemon for an orange or even a lime, for different flavour.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!