Holiday Honey Cakes Recipe
By the wlr team
These super low calorie, low fat honey cakes are only 54 calories per serving! Full of flavor these little cakes are a great low calories snack to batch bake and save for later in the week!
- Recipe makes: 18 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 24 mins
- Calories: 54
- 1 Glass/120ml Wine, White, Sweet, Average
- 1 Egg/58g Eggs, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 3oz/84g Flour, Plain, Average
- 1/8 Tsp/0.375g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 1/8 Tsp/0.625g Salt, Table, Average
- 2 Tbsps/24g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 6 Tbsps/120g Honey, Pure, Clear, Average
- 1/8 Tsp/0.375g Nutmeg, Ground, Average
- 20 Sprays/4ml Oil, Sunflower, Spray, Fry Light
Method1. Whisk the wine & egg together in a medium bowl. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt & sugar in a small bowl then stir into the egg mixture. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
2. Combine the honey & nutmeg in a small bowl.
3. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and coat with 5 sprays of oil. Drop in the batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to fill the pan with individual cakes. Fry until golden brown.
4. Remove and either dip into, or drizzle over, the honey.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!