Herb & Cheese Scones Recipe
By the wlr team
A perfect snack for any occasion, these low calorie scones are sure to impress your guests. Quick and easy to make serve these up with some butter or go full English and get the clotted cream out!
- Recipe makes: 26 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 48
- 225g self raising flour
- 14g cooking salt
- 40g low fat margarine
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 50g half fat cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp english mustard powder
- ¼ pint semi skimmed milk
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, mix in the salt, cut margarine into small pieces and add to the flour rub with your fingers until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the herbs, cheese and mustard.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in all but 2 tablespoons of the milk. Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead quickly and lightly.
- Press out the dough gently with palms of your hands until 1cm thick cut into rounds approx 3cm diameter and place on prepared baking sheet repeat until all the dough is used.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins you should have enough for 26-35 mini scones.
Use an egg cup to make the mini ones.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!