Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
If you have a weakness for dark chocolate this recipe is the one for you! These low calorie, quick to make cupcakes are perfect for a little treat every once in a while!
- Recipe makes: 12 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 222
- 175g Chocolate, Dark, Plain, Rich, Sainsbury's
- 85g Butter, English, Unsalted, Country Life
- 115g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 100g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 1.15 Servings/115g Flour, Self Raising, Sainsbury's
- 1 Tbsp/13g Vanilla Extract, Average
- 2 Servings/30g Honey, Clear, Runny, Sainsbury's
- 100ml Coffee, Black, Average
MethodPreheat the oven to 180C or Gas 4
1. Melt 75g of the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and leave to cool
2. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs on at a time and beat.
3. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence
4. Spoon the mixure into cup cake cases and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 mins
5. You'll know they are done by inserted a skewer in to the centre and it comes out clean
6. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool
For the topping:
1. Melt the rest of the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and leave to cool
2. Mix a good two teaspoons of coffee with 100ml boiling water
3. Mix the coffee and honey into the chocolate
4. Spoon over the cakes and leave to set
A naughty little treat we all need once in a while!
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!