Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins
by wlr's resident foodie, Joanne Putney
Rich and moist, these double chocolate muffins are super quick to make - you can have them in the oven in under 10 minutes. Not just for Vegans, they're also great if you've run out of eggs.
- Recipe makes: 12 muffins
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 222
- 1 x 100g pack dark chocolate chips
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Line a 12 hole baking pan with cupcake cases.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a small bowl, add a little of the flour and mix to coat, then sift off any excess flour into a large bowl and set the chocolate chips aside.
- Sift the remaining flour and cocoa powder into the large bowl.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix well.
- Pour in the oil, water, vanilla extract and white wine vinegar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases.
- Pop into the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!