Chilled Summer Pudding Recipe
This dessert reminds us of balmy summer evenings, when summer fruits are in abundance and it certainly is not as difficult as you would think.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 158
- 250g Nectarines, Fresh, Raw, Weighed with Stone, Average
- 100g Apples, Unspecific, Average
- 100g Blackcurrants, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 100g Raspberries, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 100g Strawberries, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 100g Blackberries, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 40g Sugar, White, Granulated, Average
- 150ml Juice, Cranberry, No Added Sugar, Average
- 200g Bread, White, Average
- 2 Pots/120g Fromage Frais, Fat Free, Average
MethodThis dessert reminds us of balmy summer evenings, when summer fruits are in abundance and it certainly is not as difficult as you would think.
1. Peel and chop the nectarines, peel and finely chop the apple and gently crush the soft fruit.
2. Put all the fruit into a large bowl with the sugar and cranberry juice. Leave to soak for 2 hours.
3. Cut the crusts from the bread and cut into strips, line a 1 litre pudding basin with the bread, leaving enough bread over to make a lid.
4. Take 3 tablespoons of juice from fruit and set aside.
5. Gently pour the rest of the fruit and juice into the bread-lined pudding basin, and cover with the rest of the bread.
6. Cover the pudding with a plate that just fits inside the bowl, and put something heavy (such as a can of soup) on the top. Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
7. Turn the pudding out onto a serving dish, and use the set aside juice to brush over any parts of the bread that have not coloured.
Serve with the fromage frais.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!