Breakfast Bar Recipe
If you’re ever getting a little peckish before lunch or dinner, try out this recipe to make 16 servings of your own breakfast bars! At less than 120 calories per bar this breakfast bar is a great snack to keep you going!
- Recipe makes: 16 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 119
- 175g Breakfast Cereal, Porridge Oats, Scottish, Organic, Sainsbury's
- 85g Breakfast Cereal, High Fruit Muesli, BGTY, Sainsbury's
- 60g Honey, Canadian Clover, TTD, Sainsbury's
- 150g Fruit & Nut Mix, Sainsbury's
- 2 Lgs Egg/66g Eggs, Whites Only, Raw, Average
- 175ml Juice, Apple, Copella
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4)
2. Combine 175g oats with 85g muesli in a bowl.
3. Warm 3 tbsp of honey in a small saucepan until it becomes runny, then add it to the oat mix. Stir in 150g dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots, figs, apple, pineapple etc), two egg whites and 175ml apple juice. Press the mixture into a lightly oiled 18x28cm baking tin.
4. Bake at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into bars.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!