Blueberry & Apple Muffins Recipe
By the wlr team
These low calorie apple and blueberry muffins are a great treat to make for yourself or the whole family. At less than 170 calories per muffin, you can enjoy one, guilt free!
- Recipe makes: 12 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 167
- 175g Flour, Wholemeal, Plain, Allinson
- 75g Breakfast Cereal, Porridge Oats, Rolled, Tesco
- 100g Blueberries, Fresh, Tesco
- 120g Apples, Cox, English, Tesco
- 250g Yoghurt, Natural, 0.1% Fat, Stirred, Biopot, Onken
- 140g Honey, Pure, Natural Blossom, Clear, Rowse
- 1½ Tsps/3g Baking Powder, Average
- 1 Egg/68g Eggs, Free Range, Large, Average, Weight with Shell
- 3 Tbsps/45ml Oil, Sunflower, Average
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F) Gas 5.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, tipping any bran left the sieve. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the oats for the top of the muffins, then stir the remainder into the flour, followed by the blueberries and apple.
3. In a separate bowl or jug, whisk the yoghurt, egg, honey and sunflower oil together. Mix in the bicarbonate of soda, then immediately add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. Stir together briefly, but don't over mix or the muffins will be tough.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and scatter the reserved oats on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the muffins are risen and golden. Serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The muffins can also be frozen.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!