Banana, Blueberry & Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
By the wlr team
These muffins come in at under 250 calories each. Full of spicy, fruity, cakey goodness this recipe can be enjoyed as an after dinner treat, or even as part of breakfast.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 248
- 125g plain flour
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 12g ground cinnamon
- 180g banana
- 150g blueberries
- 60g clear runny honey
- 3 tbsps corn oil
- 185ml semi skimmed milk
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Line eight holes of a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the banana and blueberries and, using a fork, lightly toss the fruit through the flour.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the honey, vegetable oil, egg and milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (don't over-mix or your muffins won't be as light in texture).
- Spoon the batter into the individual muffin cases. Mix the extra half a teaspoon of cinnamon and the caster sugar together and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until risen and lightly golden. Serve warm from the oven.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Calorie Counted Sweet Things
You'll find hundreds more recipes for cakes, puddings and sweet treats in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite sweet things, give it a try!