Yorkshire Curd Tart Recipe
By the wlr team
If you’ve never tried it before, this healthy version of a Yorkshire curd tart is a must have! Filled with creamy, tart filling, just try not to eat it all in one go.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Calories: 288
- 3 Pints semi-skimmed milk
- 1 juiced lemon
- 70g baking spread
- 112g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15ml water
- 112g butter
- 56g medium egg
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tsp rose water
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
Prepare the curd:
- Heat the milk to body temperature, around 37°C (98.6°F). Do not allow to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and stir until the mixture curdles.
- Stand until cool, then break up the curd into pieces and put into a cheese cloth or muslin square suspended over a bowl to remove the whey. Do not refrigerate.
Make the pastry case:
- Cube the cooking margarine into 1cm (½ inch) pieces.
- Mix the sugar and flour together and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 3/4 to 1 tbsp of water and bring the mixture together to form a firm dough.
- Chill for at least half an hour (if you prefer you can make the pastry the same time as the curds and leave in the fridge overnight).
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm (8in) flan tin. Dot the bottom with a fork and blind bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C (375°F, Gas Mark 5)
- Beat the eggs and mix together with the butter, rosewater and curds, adding a pinch of cinnamon, and then transfer the mixture to the baked flan case.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 25-30 minutes.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!