A true classic dish, the rich coffee flavour of Tiramisu is best served chilled and enjoyed by candlelight.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
1 hr 15 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 211
- 25g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 large egg, white only
- 25g icing sugar
- 150g quark
- 15ml rum
- 100ml black coffee
- 6 trifle sponge fingers
- 2g dry unsweetened cocoa powder
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Place a pan of water over a high heat to boil. Once boiling turn down to a low simmer.
- Grate the chocolate.
- Add the egg white to a heatproof bowl (large enough to sit on top of the saucepan) and whisk with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form. Put the bowl over the pan of barely simmering water and continue to whisk, gradually adding the icing sugar until thick and glossy. Remove from the heat.
- In another bowl, beat the quark with the rum until smooth, then gradually fold in the egg white mixture until combined.
- Put the coffee in a shallow bowl. Cut each trifle sponge in half lengthways to make 12 thinner sponges. Dip 6 of the sponge halves briefly in the coffee and arrange in the base of a 15cm (6in) square shallow dish.
- Spread half the quark mixture over the top of the sponges, then sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate. Repeat the layers of coffee-dipped sponge and quark, then dust with the cocoa powder and the remaining grated chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!