Summer Pudding Recipe
A sweet, decadent, tangy summer pudding that’s low in calories and low in fat. This recipe makes 6 servings and counts towards your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
2 hrs 20 mins
- Cook time: 8 hrs
- Calories: 182
- 170g golden delicious apples
- 114g raspberries
- 114g strawberries
- 114g blackcurrants
- 114g blackberries
- 250g nectarines
- 40g white sugar
- 150ml low sugar cranberry juice
- 240g medium sliced white bread
- 120g fat free fromage frais
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Will require chilling for at least 8 hours.
- Peel the apples, core and chop very finely, wash and crush the soft fruits, remove stones from nectarines and chop to pulp.
- Put all the fruit into a large bowl with the sugar and cranberry juice. Leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Cut crust from bread and cut into strips.
- Line a 1 litre pudding basin with the bread, leaving enough to make a lid.
- Take 3tbspn of juice from fruit and set aside, gently pour rest of fruit and juice into the lined pudding basin, and cover with rest of bread.
- Cover with a plate that just fits inside the bowl and place a weight such as a can of beans on the top.
- Chill in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn pudding out onto a serving dish, use juice to brush over any parts of bread that have not coloured.
- Serve with fromage frais.
|Fruit & Veg||2.0|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!