Strawberry and Cream Meringue Nests - Quick Low Cal Dessert Recipe
This dessert is so quick to make and very low calorie. It's a real crowd pleaser, but is also easy to make just for one - and at under 120 calories you can't really go wrong!
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Calories: 119
- 8 strawberries
- 1 meringue nest
- 12.5ml half fat aerosol cream
- ¼ tsp granulated sweetener
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Place the meringue nest in a bowl or on a small plate and swirl the cream in the centre.
- Arrange the strawberries on top and around the nest, sprinkle with the granulated sweetener and serve.
If you're making this dish for children at the same time a few hundreds and thousands or chocolate cake topping sprinkles really bring out a smile! You can add to or substitute the strawberries with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or any tropical fruit - whatever suits your taste.
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!