Roasted Banana Cheesecake Recipe
Enjoy this pub hot or cold, this banana cheesecake recipe can be served with low fat cream, or ice cream if you have the calories spare!
- Recipe makes: 10 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Calories: 261
- 4 Med/472g Banana, Raw, Flesh Only, Average
- 750g Cheese, Ricotta, Average
- 4oz/112g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Cornflour, Average
- 3 Eggs/204g Eggs, Large, Average, Weight with Shell
- 1oz/28g Ginger, Stem in Sugar Syrup, Sainsbury's
- 84g Sultanas, Average
The cooked cheesecake will require chilling when cooled.
Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas6.
Place the bananas on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until the skins blacken and the bananas feel soft - the time may vary depending on how ripe your bananas are.
When cooked, peel the bananas, mash with a fork and leave to cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 180c/350f/gas4.
1. In a large bowl combine the ricotta, sugar, cornflour and eggs and beat with an electric whisk until smooth. Stir in the mashed banana, ginger and sultanas.
2. Pour the mixture into a 23cm (9in) non-stick spring form cake tin, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden - it will still feel a bit wobbly but will set as it cools.
3. Turn off the oven, open the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven until completely cool. Chill for at least an hour or 2 in the tin before cutting into wedges to serve.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!