Plum & Basil Torte Recipe
If you want to try something new with pastry, give this plum and basil torte a go! This recipe is simple to make and can be served up with either low fat cream, or ice cream.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 333
- 3½oz/98g Flour, Plain, Average
- 2oz/56g Butter, Creamery, Average
- 10 Leaves/5g Basil, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- 4 Plums/360g Plums, Weighed with Stone, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30g Sugar, Caster, Golden, Average
- 1oz/28g Butter, Creamery, Average
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4).
Chop the basil finely.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper (parchment).
Stone and quarter the plums.
Cut the butter into 1cm (½ in) cubes
2. Mix the flour, 2 oz of the butter cubes and basil together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. (a food processor is excellent here if you have one). Then add just enough olive oil to bring the mixture together to form a dough.
3. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Roll the dough out into a 18cm/7in circle.
4. Place the pastry onto the lined baking tray gently scrunch the edges of the pastry to form a case. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. When the pastry case has chilled, arrange the plum quarters in the middle of the pastry circle. Sprinkle the sugar over and arrange the remainder of the cubed butter on top.
Transfer to the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked and the plums are tender.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!