Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Who knew you could enjoy decadent desserts and still count calories? Combine tart and sweet in this healthy dessert. Family and friends are sure to be impressed with this homemade dessert.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 354
- 56g spread for baking
- 112g white self-raising flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 227g caster sugar
- 2 juiced lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon peel
- 150ml pure orange juice
- 28g cornflour
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Make the pastry by rubbing margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Bring together with hand until soft dough. Wrap in cling-film and allow to rest in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out the pastry and line a flan dish. Prick over the bottom with fork, cover the base of the pastry with a round of greaseproof paper and top with baking beans to stop the pastry rising. Bake blind in the oven for approx 10-15 mins until set. Remove the beans and lining and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, beat together 3 egg yolks (save the whites for the meringue) and the whole egg along with half the sugar until soft.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and orange juice and bring to the boil stirring continuously. Take off the heat and add the cornflour mixing thoroughly until it has thickened.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven. Set to one side and make up the meringue.
- Whisk the egg whites until it forms soft peaks and gently fold in the remaining sugar.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the flan case and smooth the meringue over the top of the lemon mixture and replace in the oven until golden brown - approx 10 mins.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!