Ginger Clementines Recipe
By the wlr team
This low calorie ginger Clementine’s recipe is something you can eat either on its own, with ice cream or cream (if you have the calories spare!), or on top of your porridge in the morning!
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 64
- 200ml Juice, Orange, Freshly Squeezed, Smooth, TTD, Sainsbury's
- 450ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 50g Sugar, White, Granulated, Average
- 50g Ginger, Root, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 8 Clementines/480g Clementines, Sainsbury's
Method1. Peel the clementines and keep them whole. Chop and finely slice or chunk the unpeeled ginger.
2. Put orange juice, water, sugar and ginger in a pan. Then put in the whole clementines.
3. The liquid should just about cover the fruit.
4. Bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins and leave to cool in the liquid.
5. Carefully remove the fruit.
6. Reboil the liquid for 10 minutes to reduce it (maybe longer if you want a thicker juice).
7. Serve fruits with the liquid. (The picture on the Sainsburys Recipe Card shows pieces of ginger as well but I drained mine off.)
Serve with good vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt - or on porridge for breakfast.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!