Crunchy Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
By the wlr team
We loved this recipe when we tried it - crunchy cornflakes and succulent rhubarb make this dessert a firm favourite for kids.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 224
- 450g Rhubarb, Raw, Average
- 45ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 3 Tsps/15g Sugar, Half Spoon Granulated, with Sweeteners, Silver Spoon
- 4 Tbsps/80g Syrup, Golden, Average
- 50g Butter, Reduced Fat, Fresh, Average
- 50g Breakfast Cereal, Corn Flakes, Average
- 50g Breakfast Cereal, Porridge Oats, Oat Meal, Dry Weight, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375F/Gas mark 5.
2. Wash and cut the rhubarb into chunks and place in an ovenproof dish. Add the water and sprinkle over the sugar.
3. In a pan, gently warm the syrup and butter. Add the cornflakes and the porridge oats along with the rind of one lemon.
4. Spoon the mixture over the rhubarb and bake for around 40 minutes, or until crisp. Covering towards the end of cooking time if necessary.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!