Christmas Pudding With Less Calories Recipe
Don’t worry about missing out on Christmas pudding with this low calorie recipe! This low fat pudding serves 10 so it’s perfect to make for friends or the whole family!
- Recipe makes: 10 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 3 hrs
- Calories: 219
- 60ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume, Average
- 75g Currants, Average
- 75g Sultanas, Co-Op
- 115g Raisins, Seedless, Average
- 50ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume, Average
- 115g Apples, Sliced, Average
- 115g Carrots, Grated, Asda
- 1 Tsp/2g Lemon, Peel, Raw, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Oranges, Peel Only, Raw, Average
- 75g Cherries, Glace, Average
- 50g Sugar, Light Muscovado, Sainsbury's
- 75g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- 1g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 50g Breadcrumbs, Average
- 111.6g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 2 Tbsps/40g Molasses, Average
- 60ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
Soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
Grate the lemon & orange zest, wash peel and grate the apple, set aside
1. Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs and sugar.
2. Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
3. Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses; slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly.
4. Place in a 1.2litre ovenproof dish, if you wish to steam the pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3 hours..
5. If you wish to microwave the pudding, place an upturned place over the dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes.
6. Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
7. Before reheating, pierce the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top. Steam for 1-2 hours or microwave on high for 10 mins.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!