Chocolate Cherry Hearts Recipe
By the wlr team
A cute little dessert to make with the kids! At only 98 calories per serving, treat yourself to a nice little sweet treat, guilt free!
- Recipe makes: 14 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 98
- 1 Serving/8g Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray, Flora
- 3 Lgs Egg/99g Eggs, Whites Only, Raw, Average
- 3oz/84g Sugar, Caster Sugar, Whitworths
- 1 Tsp/3g Tartar, Cream of, Leavening Agent
- 1 oz Cocoa Powder, Rowntree's
- 5g Salt, Alternative, Reduced Sodium, Losalt
- 1oz/28g 1, 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2oz/56g Pecan Nuts, Average
- 6oz/168g Cherries, Glace, Average
Spray non stick cooking spray onto a cookie sheet with lip, set aside.
Separate 3 egg white, set aside
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium sized mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly pour sugar into the egg mixture and mix until stiff glossy peaks form.
4. Fold in pecans, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
5. Spoon the mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and spread thin and evenly. Bake in oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Remove cookie sheet and let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Using a 3" heart shaped cookie cutter, begin making cuts. press firmly to ensure even shapes,
8. Place cookies back into oven and bake at 250 degrees for a further 20 minutes.
9. Remove hearts carefully and let cool on a wire rack. Spoon a few cherry hearts on top.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
More Calorie Counted Puddings and Desserts
You'll find hundreds more recipes for delish desserts and puddings in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite puds, give it a try!