Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
By the wlr team
Bright and colourful, these shrimp tacos are super quick to make and totally delicious. Served with a fresh mango salsa for a zingy tasty meal at only 476 cals.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 476
- 4 tortillas
- 200g king prawns, peeled
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 10 sprays olive oil
- ½ mango
- 10g coriander, fresh
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lettuce, little gem
- 1 small red onion
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp soured cream, reduced fat
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Turn the oven on to 100C. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm through.
- Gently mix the prawns in a bowl with the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and the olive oil spray.
- Peel and dice the mango into small chunks, finely chop the coriander, zest the lime. Combine the mango, lime zest, coriander, chilli flakes and the juice of the lime to make the salsa.
- Finely shred the lettuce and peel and finely chop the onion. Open and remove the avocado flesh and slice or chop into chunks.
- Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat and add the prawns to the pan. Season with salt and fry for about 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and serve 2 each. Arrange the gem lettuce on the tortillas and spoon over the prawns. Sprinkle with sliced red onion and avocado. Serve with the salad, hot sauce and sour cream.
If you like a 'taste of Mexico' why not try our other favourite Mexican Recipes - Tasty Beef Tacos for a super quick weeknight meal, on your plate in only 20 minutes, and Sizzling Skinny Chicken Fajitas... a calorie counted classic for you to enjoy with all the trimmings while following a low calorie diet.
Eating out can be a bit of a minefield when counting calories - Dietitian Juliette Kellow gives you some advice on eating out Mexican style, and you can check calories in popular restaurant Mexican menus with our Tex-Mex Calorie Counter.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Fish & Shellfish
You'll find hundreds more recipes for fab fish and other meals in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite fish dish, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop