Mediterranean Ricotta and Aubergine Spaghetti
By the wlr team
A perfect weeknight meal, this vegetarian pasta dish is so easy to make... Full of traditional Italian flavours and on the table in less than half an hour.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 454
- 75g spaghetti, whole wheat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g sundried tomatoes
- ½ aubergine
- 50g ricotta cheese
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil for the spaghetti. Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat with the olive oil. Turn the grill on to medium.
- Peel and crush the garlic. Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes into small pieces. Thinly slice the aubergine. Put the pasta in the pan and cook as per packet instructions.
- Lay the aubergine slices on a grill pan and place under the grill for around 5 minutes each side (until starting to char slightly).
- Add the garlic and tomatoes to the pan with the olive oil and saute for 3-4 minutes. When the aubergine is done add to the pan and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and combine with the aubergine and tomato mixture (don't worry too much if a little of the cooking liquid is transferred with the pasta).
- Serve immediately with the ricotta cheese crumbled on top, basil leaves and a good grind of black pepper.
If pasta is one of your go-to quick to make meals, we've got some delicious meditteranean veggie pasta recipes - all calorie counted with full instructions:
Looking for more great tasting, simple to make vegetarian dishes? Check out our Calorie Counted Dishes for a Vegan Diet.
Want to follow a calorie controlled diet but not sure how to get started? We have a Mix and Match Vegetarian Diet Plan to help... each day comes in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day, and the meals are all easy to make with ingredients you can buy in any supermarket.
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Pasta Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more pasta recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own perfect pasta, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop