Soup Tomato & Quinoa Recipe
Get all your 5-a-day (and some) with one bowl of this healthy spicy tomato soup. With both tofu and quinoa it’s filling and delicious too.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 526
- ¾ Jar/382.5g Passata, Italian
- 246g Tomatoes, Fresh, Raw, Average
- 1 Carton/150g Yoghurt, Plain, Whole Milk, Average
- 1 Tsp/5ml Vinegar, Red Wine, Tesco
- 4oz/112g Quinoa, Dry Weight, Average
- 90g Onions, Red, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 1 Med/160g Peppers, Yellow, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 250g Tofu, Original, Organic, Cauldron Foods
- 3.25g Peppers, Chilli, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 5g Coriander, Leaves, Fresh, Average
- 30ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh, Average
- 1 Tsp/5ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
MethodRoughly chop the onion & peppers. Cube the tofu & finely chop the tomatoes.
Put quinoa in a saucepan and cover with three times as much water. Bring to the boil, cook until water has been absorbed. Stir in lemon juice, chopped onion, peppers, tofu and olive oil. Stir into passata along with the finely chopped tomatoes.
To assemble, heap quinoa mixture into a bowl, spoon passata around, drizzle in the yoghurt and scatter with coriander leaves.
|Fruit & Veg||6.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!