Three Bean Chilli Soup Recipe
Try this healthy three bean chilli soup with some crusty bread for your lunch. You could even have it as a low fat, light dinner meal if you don’t fancy a big meal.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 4 hrs 30 mins
- Calories: 402
- 28g red chilli peppers
- 28g green chilli peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 175g pinto beans
- 125g red kidney beans
- 794g tinned plum tomatoes
- 250g passata
- 160g courgette
- 235g tinned cannellini beans
Preheat oven to 160°C / Gas Mark 3 / 325°F
- De-seed red and green chillis and finely chop.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Wash mushrooms and cut them in half.
- Wash the courgette and slice.
- Peel and crush garlic.
- Drain and wash pinto beans, cannellini and kidney beans.
- Once the above ingredients have been prepared - simply put them ALL in either slow cooker or casserole dish along with the passata and both tins of plum tomatoes
- Season with salt and black pepper and cook on low in slow cooker for about 4-4½ hours or in the oven.
- Check regularly and dilute with hot water if necessary to get your desired consistency.
|Fruit & Veg||12.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!