Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup Recipe
This great lentil and potato soup is both filling and nutritious. It is low in calories and even has 1 of your 5 a day. Add a bit of natural yoghurt or serve with a naan bread if you have extra calories spare.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 161
- 100g dried red lentils
- 100g onion
- 10g butter
- 450g sweet potato
- 450g white potato
- 3g garlic
- 30g rogan josh curry paste
- 56g chicken stock
- 1200ml water
- 0.2g black pepper
- Cook lentils in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Cook the onion in the butter for 8 mins intil softened and beginning to brown. Stir in both types of potato. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Drain the lentils. Add to the potatoes with the stock, then cook for 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Whizz in a blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan, season to taste, then heat through.
- Ladle into bowls.
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!