Sweet Potato & Chorizo Soup Recipe
For any fans of bold flavours this is the soup for you! Full of vegetables this healthy soup has nearly all of your 5 a day in one portion. Enjoy with some crusty bread for a really authentic feel.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 348
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 850g sweet potato
- 80g chorizo
- ½ pint water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 28g red chilli peppers
- Peel and roughly chop all the ingredients.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to pan and add all chopped ingredients, plus parsley and curry powder. Stir well.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetable start to go soft and onions start to brown.
- Add 2 stock cubes disolved in 1.5l of boiling water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until sweet potato is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, the blend or mash according to taste.
- Serve scattered with chopped chilli.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||4.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!