Soup Smokey Leek & Potato Recipe
By the wlr team
This recipe makes a great use for leftover mash potato. A low carb soup that’s really easy to put together, serve warm for lunch with some low fat cheese grated over the top.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 190
- 300g leeks
- 1 medium onion
- 168g lean back bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 700ml chicken stock
- 300g mashed potato made with butter or margarine
- 300ml skimmed milk
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- This is a quick and ingenious way of turning that unappealing left over mashed potato from last night's supper into a tasty, nutritious lunch.
- Saute the leeks, onion and bacon in olive oil until soft in a large pan.
- Add the chicken stock and mash potato and heat until boiling then reduce heat.
- Add milk and simmer for 5-10 minutes until fully heated through.
Serve in warm bowls.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!