Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This creamy, veggie soup is as indulgent as it is healthy. Low in calories and full of butternut squash flavour, it’s so simple to make you’ll never buy canned soup again.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr
- Calories: 95
- 750g butternut squash
- 2 small onions
- 4.95ml vegetable oil
- 3g fresh thyme
- 0.5g black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 568.3ml water
- 4g curry powder
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Peel and dice the squash (approx 1 x average size one) into rough 1" cubes.
- Peel and quarter the onions.
- Mix them together in a bowl with the 1tsp oil, some fresh thyme or other herb of choice (dried works too) and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and roast in the oven until they are browned and soft.
- Mix the stock cubes with the water and add this and the vegetables to a saucepan. (Any stock will work.)
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approx 5 mins.
- Using a blender or similar. Blend them together to make a smooth soup.
- Place the curry powder in a dry frying pan and heat gently to release the flavours. This will only take a minute.
- Stir into the blended soup check for seasoning and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||2.7|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!