Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
By the wlr team
A low calorie root veg soup that is full of hearty flavours and nourishing goodness. Perfect for a cold winters day, enjoy this soup with some crusty bread if you have the spare calories, or even try it with some garlic bread.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 186
- 180g potatoes
- 400g sweet potato
- 455g butternut squash
- 90g onion
- 300g carrots
- 160g celery
- 90g courgette
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 10g ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- 78ml double cream
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Chop all the veg into chunks, making sure to peel the potatoes, squash and onions.
- Place all the chopped vegetables into a large saucepan, add the stock and around 2 pints of water or until it completely covers the vegetables. Add ginger and garlic to liquid.
- Heats until boiled and then turn down and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are all soft.
- Pour liquid and vegetables altogether into blender and liquidize. Put back onto the heat to and stir in cream.
- Season to taste and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!