Morrocan Chickpea Soup Recipe
A really quick low calorie soup that’s also low in fat, this deliciously spiced recipe will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days. At only 103 calories a bowl, add a chunk of crusty bread for a hearty low cal lunch.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 103
- 80g celery
- 6g garlic
- ½ medium onion
- 5 sprays low cal spray oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 11.8g dry vegetable stock cubes
- 750ml water
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 canned chickpeas
- 195g canned broad beans
- 25g fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a large pan, add the chopped celery, garlic, onion, and 5 sprays of oil.
- Cover with a lid and keep stirring for approx 10 mins until starting to soften. Add the cumin and stir for 1 min more.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, drained and rinsed chickpeas, broad beans, a good grind of back pepper, and the corriander.
- Simmer for approx 10 mins, part blend with hand blender to thicken.
Will keep in fridge for 4-5 days.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!