Soup Minestrone Recipe
Try this low calorie recipe for a traditional minestrone, full of fresh Italian flavours and loaded with pasta so it’s sure to keep you full. This recipe makes 8 servings so store leftovers for lunches or quick dinners.
- Recipe makes: 8 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 117
- 30g vegetable stock cube
- 600ml water
- 180g red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g jersey royal potatoes
- 2 cans chopped tomatos
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1g dried oregano
- 1g marjoram
- 100g courgette
- 200g cabbage
- 1 serving petit pois
- 40g celery
- 75g farfalline pasta
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- Prepare stock with water and set aside until needed.
- Finely chop the onion. Fry in the oil and cook until soft then add potatoes and toss.
- Add stock, tinned tomatoes, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Prepare and chop all vegetables into small chunks then add all vegetables and pasta, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 mins until vegetables soft.
- Add extra liquid if needed, tabasco for taste and additional seasoning to taste.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!