Mediterranean Tomato Soup Recipe
By the wlr team
Home-made soup has never been easier, this low calorie vegetarian soup is packed full of Mediterranean flavour and provides you with 2 of your 5 a day.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 86
- 90g onions
- 61g carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 80g celery
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried ground tarragon
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 16g tomato puree
- 4g white sugar
- 1 litre water
- Peel and chop the onions, carrots and garlic and chop the celery.
- Heat the oil in a pan then add the onion, celery and carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, basil and tarragon and continue stir frying for 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, sugar and water then cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Blend in a blender or food processor.
- Reheat gently, season to taste and serve.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!