Lentil, Carrot, Turnip & Leek Soup Recipe
If you enjoy a good soup for lunch or dinner, this lentil, carrot, turnip and leek soup is a great one to try! Low in calories and fat it’s the perfect meal to have with some thick whole meal bread and butter, if you’ve got the calories left!
- Recipe makes: 20 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Calories: 115
- 950g carrots
- 950g turnip
- 500g red split lentils
- 200g trimmed leeks
- 2 ham stock cubes
- Peel and shred the carrots.
- Peel and shred the turnip.
- Prepare and chop the leeks.
- Boil lentils in water with stock cubes, add shredded carrots, turnip and leeks and simmer for about 2.5 hours.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!