Leek & Potato Soup Recipe
By the wlr team
Leek and potato soup was always a go-to in my house. Make this healthy version now and enjoy this classic flavour combo. Serve with some garlic bread for a delicious meal; don’t forget to add the extra calories though.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 313
- 60g onion
- 454g white potatoes
- 454g leeks
- 15ml olive oil
- 56g butter
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp basil & thyme herb cubes
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onions, potatoes and leeks.
- Heat the oil and butter and gently fry the onion, leeks and potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and 500ml water, add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables, reserving the liquid in a jug.
- Blend or liquidise the vegetables to the desired consistency, then blend in the liquid.
- Reheat gently, adjust seasoning and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||1.1|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!