Soup, Leek, Bacon & Potato Recipe
Creamy but low calorie, this twist on a classic leek and potato soup even contains bacon too… With 6 servings per batch – you can freeze some for later.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 228
- 1oz/28g Butter, Fresh, Average
- 3 Rashers/42g Bacon, Streaky, Rashers, Sainsbury's
- 1 Med/180g Onions, Raw, Average
- 3 Med/639g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 1400ml Water, Mineral Or Tap
- 2 Cubes/14g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Average
- 400g Leeks, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 142ml Cream, Single, Light, Elmlea
Method1. Peel and chop the onion. Dice the bacon. Peel and dice the potatoes. wash and slice the leeks.
Melt butter in a large saucepan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Tip in the pototoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. Cook gently for 5 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then to make sure that the mixture does not catch.
2. Pour in the stock, add the leeks, season well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then blend until smooth. Return to the pan, pour in cream and stir in well. Taste and season if necessary.
|Fruit & Veg||0.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!