Italian Turnip Soup Recipe
By the wlr team
For a hearty, filling soup you can try out this low calorie Italian turnip soup with the option to add bacon if you have the calories spare – if not, don’t worry, it tastes just as good without the bacon!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Calories: 187
- 100g diced onion
- 3g garlic
- 15ml olive oil
- 4 rashers lean back bacon
- 400g swede
- 40g dry quinoa
- 20g miso bouillon powder
- Soften the onion and garlic in a little olive oil.
- Add the bacon (optional) chopped small and fry until browned.
- Add 1 diced swede or turnip and cook for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add a large handful of quinoa and enough stock to cover generously.
- Allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!