Italian Bean Soup Recipe
Enjoy this soup with some Italian bread for your lunch. Make it now, eat it later. This low calorie soup develops in flavour while it’s in the fridge, just don’t leave it too long.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 203
- 90g onion
- 100g streaky bacon
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried, ground basil
- 260g canned borlotti beans
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Peel and chop the onion and dice bacon.
- Gently fry the onion in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, bacon, rosemary and basil and fry for a further 5 minutes, until the bacon is crisp.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, lemon juice and stock cube, pour in 1 pint of water and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
This soup is great for cook now/eat later - as the flavour continues to develop. Re-heat gently for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!