Courgette & Almond Soup Recipe
A simple creamy soup that’s sure to hit the spot this lunch time. This low carb courgette and almond soup is great served up with some fresh crusty bread and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 138
- 3oz onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1lb courgette
- 0.5oz butter
- 0.5g curry powder
- 1.5g ground nutmeg
- 1.5g ground cinnamon
- 2oz ground almonds
- 2 cubes chicken stock
- 5fl oz low fat creme fraiche
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Wash and chop the garlic.
- Wash and chop the courgettes.
- Melt butter in saucepan add chopped onions and garlic and fry until soft, then add curry powder, nutmeg and cinnamon cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped courgettes peeled or unpeeled whatever you prefer, then stir through the almonds.
- Pour in made up chicken stock and simmer gently for 20-25 mins.
- Liquidise in batches then add low fat Crème Fraiche.
Can be served chilled as a summer soup.
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!