Chicken & Vegetable Soup Recipe
If you’re a soup person you’ll love this hearty chicken and vegetable soup, you might love it even more as it’s less than 50 calories per serving! Soups are a great lunch time meal as they fill you up and this one in particular is very low in fat too. Couple with a slice of wholemeal bread and butter if you have the calories spare!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 46
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 56g parsnip
- 3 carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Boil the chicken carcass in boiling water for about 20 mins.
- Meanwhile peel and chop the onion, parsnips, carrots and sweet potato.
- Sieve the chicken carcass and retain the now stock water and throw away the chicken remains.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken stock.
- You may need to add some more boiling water and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, blend and enjoy.
This is a good recipe if you have had a roast chicken and want to use the carcass. If not, just use chicken stock instead. This recipe method assumes you are using a chicken carcass to make the stock. Fills you up and very low in cals!
|Fruit & Veg||1.2|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!