Chicken, Leek & Potato Soup
Make your own chicken soup with this basic recipe. It’s easy to make, low fat and a great use for leftover chicken. Serve with some of your favourite bread.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Calories: 165
- 100g whole roast chicken
- 56g onion
- 700g potatoes
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 4oz leeks
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 pints chicken stock
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Strip any meat from the chicken carcass. Peel and chop the onion. Par boil 2 large potatoes.
- Boil the chicken carcass in approx 2 pints of water until flavoured and strain, reserving the liquid.
- Dry fry the onion till soft, not brown. Add the mixed herbs and chopped leeks, whites only.
- Add the potatoes to leeks with salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients, including stripped chicken.
- If soup gets too thick add chicken stock made up, if too runny add thick runny cornflour mixture.
Left over chicken after Sunday dinner is great for this recipe.
|Fruit & Veg||0.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Soups and Broths
You'll find hundreds more recipes for soups, stews and broths in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite comfort recipes, give it a try!